Explosion-Proof Infrared (IR) Motion Detector DatasheetSource: Emerson Process Management, Rosemount Analytical
The IRM90-R is a passive infrared (PIR) motion detector is designed to provide maximum safety and security from occupational hazards and ensure workplace safety - even in the most hazardous and remote locations.
The detector monitors infrared radiation in the 8 to 15 micrometre range and looks for changes in this radiation such as an intruder walking through its 65 degree cone of vision, in order to relay an alarm.
The IRM90-R comes with a swivel mount to make mounting and angle adjustments fast and easy. The explosion-proof housing is factory sealed to simplify installation. Normally closed relay contacts allow for connection to alarm circuitry, annunciation panels or other devices. The electronic circuitry does not require any adjustments by the user coverage by one camera.
- 3/4", NPT conduit fitting for easy installation
- Factory sealed enclosure eliminates the need for conduit seals in the field
- Normally closed, "fail-safe" relay contacts for connection to alarm circuitry or other devices. Contacts become open when motion is detected or power is lost to the detector
- One metre of 16 AWG cable is connected to the detector
- No-tool swivel mount provided to adjust angle and simplify installation