Millennium Smoke And Oil Mist DetectorSource: Emerson Process Management, Rosemount Analytical
Net Safety's Millennium Series Smoke and Oil Mist Detector (Airborne Particle Monitor - APM) is an explosion-proof, infrared detector designed to monitor ambient air for particulate matter such as smoke, oil mist, carbon, dust or ash. This unique product is the ONLY detector of it's kind that is certified explosion proof Class 1, Division 1 - ideally suited for any high-risk application. Some of our proven installed applications include duct monitoring, battery rooms, engine rooms, compressor stations, high pressure hydraulic line monitoring, and HVAC air intake points to name just a few.
The Millennium Smoke and Oil Mist Detector's advanced sensor technology utilizes a powerful, single-beam IR lamp with no mirrors to ever be contaminated. Known contamination and reliability issues with "open path" mist detectors are eliminated as our point system design protects the lens from contaminants and does not operate with a reflector. Sensor performance is also not effected by high volume air velocity which allows for accurate reliable monitoring in any duct application. Field adjustable zero level of obscuration as well as multiple sensitivity settings allows for fine tuning within specific application conditions to optimize performance and eliminate false alarms.
The Millennium Series controller is an innovative line of explosion-proof industrial detectors. It's microcontroller provides fast, accurate and continuous monitoring in hazardous area environments. The 4-20 analog signal and Form 'C' mechanical relays easily integrate into industrial safety systems. The compact controller with power disconnect switch simplifies maintenance, a scrolling LED simplifies calibration and configuration, meter jacks for easy current loop monitoring and optical self-test. The industrial micro-controller based circuits are conformally coated for mold and humidity protection.
- Class 1, Division 1 rated for industrial and hazardous locations
- Sensor performance not effected by air velocity
- Fast Response - typically less than 2 seconds
- Field adjustable zero level of obscuration and sensitivity settings
- Rugged design includes conformal coated circuit boards and weather-proof housing to withstand extreme conditions with an Operating Temperature Range of -40°C to +75°C (-40°F to +167°F)
- 4-20 digitally stepped analog output, 3 Form 'C' mechanical relays are standard
- Scrolling 8-character LED display provides easy to read prompts and instructions (English, French, Spanish)
- Bright LED display and status indicators are visible in all lighting conditions
- Handy power switch on Controller allows power disconnect for maintenance
- Convenient local and remote reset capability to clear latched alarms
- Simple, non-intrusive controls - one person calibration, configuration and sensitivity adjustment
- Only periodic zeroing is required - 60 seconds start to finish, no special tools/gas required
- Low power consumption for use with 12 or 24 VDC systems
- Remote Sensor Separation of up to 2000 feet
- Advanced, second generation Infrared Optical sensor technology