Medical Staffing Network Releases Safety Snapshot Infographic, Emphasizes Importance Of Workplace Safety Among Healthcare Professionals
Boca Raton, FL /PRNewswire/ - Medical Staffing Network Healthcare, LLC (MSN) has released its Safety Snapshot, an infographic which showcases relevant statistics that shed light on the healthcare occupational safety landscape. The snapshot includes insight into how many workplace injuries and illnesses have impacted healthcare professionals, the settings in which incidents have occurred, the types of injuries reported and the business impact incurred as a result.
Most notably, the Medical Staffing Network Safety Snapshot Infographic reveals the following:
- Occupational illnesses among healthcare workers account for 23.4 percent of all U.S. cases.
- Injuries and illnesses among healthcare workers constitute 21 percent of all U.S. cases.
- The largest number of incidents reported occurred in hospitals.
- Sprains, strains and tears are the most frequent types of injury among healthcare workers.
- As a result of workplace injury or illness, healthcare workers spent approximately 168,000 days away from work.1
"Safety is one of MSN's most vital strategic imperatives and we recognize the tremendous amount of hazards that our healthcare professionals face each day while striving to deliver quality patient care," said Brian Poplin, President and CEO of Medical Staffing Network. "As a leader in our industry, MSN acknowledges the critical role we play in proactively promoting safety standards and we are committed to occupational incident prevention. In fact, one of the primary functions of our recently-formed Clinical Quality Council is to foster safety advocacy among the clinicians and healthcare systems we work with each day. We compiled our latest infographic in an effort to illustrate the importance of this initiative."
"Moreover, we believe that employee engagement and safety are in direct correlation to one another, which fuels our focus on cultivating a culture of growth and appreciation," added Poplin. "When our employees enjoy what they do, feel their work has meaning and know that their contributions are valued, the Company achieves several benefits, most notably 48 percent fewer safety incidents. 2
The Medical Staffing Network Safety Snapshot Infographic can be downloaded here.
- Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2012 Survey of Occupational Injuries & Illnesses Report
- Source: 2013 Gallup State of the American Workplace: Employee Engagement Insights for U.S. Business Leaders Report
About Medical Staffing Network Healthcare, LLC
Medical Staffing Network is one of the largest and most recognized national providers of healthcare staffing and workforce solutions that balance quality patient care with cost-savings. With more than 30 years of experience, MSN's offerings streamline and optimize the patient care continuum from recruitment and onboarding to intake and case management. As a comprehensive healthcare staffing company, MSN provides nursing, allied healthcare, pharmacy, clinical research, anesthesia, advanced practice and case management professionals through a network of 60+ locations and traveler solutions.
SOURCE: Medical Staffing Network Healthcare, LLCCopyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved