A complete reference with standards, essential papers, and convenient tools wrapped inside an easy-to-use interface that runs inside your web browser
IEEE Product No.: STDVU127
List Price: $385.00
IEEE Member Price: $310.00
Product Size: 49 Mb
Availability: Product not available to ship.
Click here to purchase
A complete reference with standards, essential papers, and convenient tools wrapped inside an easy-to-use interface that runs inside your web browser. You need this product CD if you are designing, manufacturing, sizing, selecting, installing, maintaining, testing, or operating storage batteries used in stationary and portable applications, including generating stations, substations, energy storage, industrial control, emergency/standby generator sets, emergency lighting, telecommunications, portable computing, and uninterruptible power supplies.Covers rechargeable lead-acid, nickel-cadmium, lithium-ion, and other types of batteries.
Includes 19 active and 3 withdrawn IEEE standards in the Stationary Batteries family (also includes photovoltaics, portable computers, and cell phones):
- IEEE Std 450-2002 IEEE Recommended Practice for Maintenance, Testing, and Replacement of Vented Lead-Acid Batteries for Stationary Applications
- IEEE Std 484-2002 IEEE Recommended Practice for Installation Design and Installation of Vented Lead-Acid Batteries for Stationary Applications
- IEEE Std 485-1997 (R2003) Rec. Practice for Sizing Lead-Acid Batt. for Stationary Applications
- IEEE Std 535-1986 (R1994) IEEE Standard Qualification of Class 1E Lead Storage Batteries for Nuclear Power Generating Stations
- IEEE Std 937-2000 RP for Install./Maint. of Lead-Acid Batteries for Photovoltaic (PV) Systems
- IEEE Std 1013-2000 IEEE RP for Sizing Lead-Acid Batteries for Photovoltaic (PV) Systems
- IEEE Std 1106-2005 (and 1106-1995) IEEE Recommended Practice for Installation, Maintenance, Testing, and Replacement of Vented Nickel-Cadmium Batteries for Stationary Applications
- IEEE Std 1115-2000 (R2005) RP for Sizing Nickel-Cadmium Batt. for Stationary Applications
- IEEE Std 1145-1999 IEEE RP for Install./Maint. of Nickel-Cadmium Batteries for PV Systems
- IEEE Std 1184-2006 (and 1184-1994) IEEE Guide for Batteries for Uninterruptible Power Supply Systems
- IEEE Std 1187-2002 IEEE Recommended Practice for Installation Design and Installation of Valve-Regulated Lead-Acid Storage Batteries for Stationary Applications
- IEEE Std 1188-2005 (and 1188-1996) IEEE Recommended Practice for Maintenance, Testing, and Replacement of Valve-Regulated Lead-Acid (VRLA) Batteries for Stationary Applications
- IEEE Std 1189-1996 IEEE Guide for Selection of VRLA Batteries for Stationary Applications
- IEEE Std 1361-2003 IEEE Guide for Selection, Charging, Test, and Evaluation of Lead-Acid Batteries Used in Stand-Alone Photovoltaic (PV) Systems
- IEEE Std 1374-1998 IEEE Guide for Photovoltaic Power System Safety
- IEEE Std 1375-1998 (R2003) IEEE Guide for the Protection of Stationary Batteries
- IEEE Std 1491-2005 IEEE Guide for Selection and Use of Battery Monitoring Equipment in Stationary Applications
- IEEE Std 1625-2004 Livium IEEE Standard for Rechargeable Batteries for Portable Computing
- IEEE Std 1725-2006 Livium IEEE Standard for Rechargeable Batteries for Cellular Phones
Includes 9 Bonus Papers...
- Batteries for Stationary Standby and for Stationary Cycling Applications, a six-part series with an introduction by G. P. Corey.
- Cantor, W.; Field Experience with Reference Electrode Measurements, Telecommunications Energy Conference, 1996. INTELEC '96., 18th International, 6-10 Oct. 1996. Pages: 198 - 204.
- Dick, Bruce H., Ventilation Requirements for VRLA Batteries in Occupied Buildings, The Battery Man May and June 2004.
- Floyd, K.D.; Noworolski, Z.; Noworolski, J.M.; Sokolski, W.; Assessment of Lead-Acid Battery State of Charge by Monitoring Float Charging Current, Telecommunications Energy Conference, 1994. INTELEC '94., 16th International, 30 Oct.-3 Nov. 1994. Pages: 602-608.
- McCluer, Steve (American Power Conversion Corporation); Batteries and Codes: Who Wants What?, Conference Proceedings, BattCon 2004.
- McDowall, Jim (Saft America, Inc.), Memory Effect in Stationary Ni-Cd Batteries? Forget About It! Conference Proceedings, BattCon 2003.
- Feder, D.O.; Carosella, G.; The Never Ending Pursuit of Float Voltage Uniformity in Stationary Reserve Battery Plants, Telecommunications Energy Conference, 1994. INTELEC '94., 16th International, 30 Oct.-3 Nov. 1994. Pages: 609 - 617.
- Szasz, R.; Miltiadou, L.; Bringing Back to Life an AT&T Canada Venture, Telecommunications Energy Conference, 2002. INTELEC. 24th Annual International, 29 Sept.-3 Oct. 2002, Pages: 524 - 529.
- Foreword from the Committee Chair and Bart Cotton's roadmap to "The IEEE Standards Association Stationary Batteries Committee" as seen at INTELEC 2006. Includes a preview of standards to come.
IEEE Calculation of Capacity by Rate-Adjusted Method (Microsoft Excel 5.0 or later required)
Exclusive Web Links
abuse, ac/dc, acceptance, acceptance test, active authentication, active charger, adapter, ampacity, amphere-hours (Ah) charge efficiency, applications, array-to-load ratio, Assessment of Lead-Acid Battery State, authentication, autonomy, available capacity, BattCon, batteries for photovoltaic, Batteries for Stationary Standby, battery conditioning, battery duty cycle, battery monitoring equipment, battery/battery pack, Building Codes, burr, c/x charge/discharge rate, calculated photovoltaic (PV) array amphere-hours (Ah) to load Ah ratio (A:L), Calculation of Capacity, capacity test, Carosella, cause-and-effect (Fishbone) diagram, cell, cell core, cell leakage, Cellular Phones, charge amphere-hours (Ah) to load Ah ratio (C:L), charge controller, charger, Charging, charging algorithm, Class 1E, commissioning, communication materials, communications interfaces, conception, connection resistance measurements, containment, continuous-float operations, counterfeit batteries, Coup de Fouet, critical, cycle, cycle life, Cycling, cycling, dc/dc, deficit charge, depth of discharge, Design, design analysis, discharge, discharge rate, documentation, dryout, electrochemical, electrochemical electrodes electrochemistry, electrochemistry, electrolyte, electrostatic discharge (ESD), emergency, end-of-discharge voltage (EODV), energy capacity, Environmental Regulations, equalizing voltage, equipment, equipment applicability, establishing specifications, failure mode, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), fault, Feder, Feedback Form, fiber-plate nickel-cadmium, Float, float charge, float operation, float service, float-service, Floyd, full float (constant potential) operation:, full-float, gelled electrolyte, generating equipment, Generating Stations, grid-connected, hazard, high-rate charge, host (host device), hour rate, immobilized electrolyte, immobilized-electrolyte, incompatible batteries, inspection, installation, instrument, instrumentation, INTELEC, intended use, internal ohmic value, inverter, Lead-Acid, lead-acid batteries, Li-ion, lithium-ion, Livium, low-voltage disconnect (LVD), low-voltage reconnect (LVR), Maintenance, management standards, manufacturer/supplier, may, McCluer, McDowall, measurements, measuring, midpoint voltage, monitoring equipment, Monitoring Float Charging Current, monitoring techniques, Ni-Cd, nickel-cadmium, nickel-cadmium batteries, Nickel-Cadmium Batteries for Photovoltaic, Nuclear Power Generating Stations, O&M requirements, observations, ohmic value, open circuit voltage (cell or battery pack) (VOC), Operating Issues, operation, operational procedures, opportunity charging, overcharge, overcurrent, overdischarge, overvoltage, oxygen recombination, packaging technologies, parameters for lead-acid batteries, passive authentication, passive charger, Pb-acid secondary batteries, Pb-acid, Pb-acid secondary batteries, performance, performance test, period, Photovoltaic, Plante, polarisation, polarization, Portable Computing, positive temperature coefficient resistor (PTC), precautions, premature capacity loss, procedures, process control, product life, product lifetime, Protection, PV, Qualification, Rate Adjustment Method, Rate-Adjusted Method, rated capacity, rated capacity (C), rated capacity (nickel-cadmium cell), reasonable and foreseeable misuse, Rechargeable, rechargeable Li-Ion, Reference Electrode Measurements, regulated lead-acid batteries, regulation reconnect voltage (Vrr), regulation voltage, Regulations, reliability of rechargeable Li-Ion, Replacement, requirements, requirements/codes, resistance, Safety, Safety Codes, schedules, Selection, Selection Criteria, self discharge, self-discharge rate, semiportable equipment, service test, shall, shelf life, should, Sizing, Sokolski, solar insolation, solar/photovoltaic applications, standard test conditions (STC), standby operation (battery), Stationary Cycling Applications, Stationary Ni-Cd Batteries, Stationary Reserve Battery Plants, Storage, string, Substations, subsystem, subsystem interface, subsystems, sulfation, excessive or "hard", sustaining charge, system, Telecommunications, telephone applications, temperature-compensated charging, termination voltage, Terrestrial, terrestrial photovoltaic, test-discharge, Testing, Testing Standards, thermal runaway, undervoltage, Uniformity, Uninterruptible Power Supply Systems, UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply), Use of Battery Monitoring Equipment, Valve Regulated Lead-Acid Batteries, valve-regulated, valve-regulated lead-acid (VRLA) cell, vented battery, vented cell, vented lead-acid (VLA) cell, Vented Lead-Acid Batteries for Stationary Applications, Vented Nickel-Cadmium Batteries for Stationary Applications, ventilation, Ventilation Requirements for VRLA Batteries, vision system, Voltage, VRLA batteries, VuSpec interface Remarks: Replaces SE135 CD ships in its own full-size rugged storage case
System Requirements: Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, or newer. Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or newer. Adobe Reader 6.0 or newer. 600 MHz Pentium III or equivalent with 128 MB RAM. 8X CD-ROM drive or faster. 1024 x 768 color display. Optional Internet access and Adobe Shockwave Player.