Blackline showcasing G7 EXO at A+A, the world’s largest health and safety event in Düsseldorf, followed by ADIPEC 2019 in Abu Dhabi
Held every two years, A+A is a world-leading fair for safety, security and health at work, with over 65,000 visitors and nearly 2,000 exhibitors from over 60 countries. Blackline Safety (TSX.V: BLN) is showcasing its upcoming G7 EXO cellular and satellite-connected area monitor to the international safety industry in Hall 7a, Stand C02. Launching in 2020, G7 EXO will deliver connected gas monitoring and enterprise-grade cloud-hosted software for confined space entries, maintenance and construction projects, tank farms, fence lines and disaster responses.
Traditional area monitors are limited by a lack of connectivity and inadequate battery life. Existing solutions use a combination of Wi-Fi, ISM and mesh networking with coverage and range limitations that can make it difficult for workers to efficiently deploy and maintain area monitors. Reliable alert communications to nearby workers can present challenges along with restrictions to the number of devices deployable on a network. These systems are also challenged by a short battery life ranging from a couple days up to approximately a week, resulting in frequent maintenance and distracting personnel from more productive work.
“G7 EXO will be the first area monitor to feature integrated 3G/4G cellular communications for easy drop-and-go deployment, not available anywhere else,” said Gavin Boorman, Managing Director at Blackline Safety Europe. “It will automatically connect to the Blackline Safety Cloud using any of nearly 350 mobile networks provided across 200+ countries and territories. Further, with an optional Iridium satellite communications module, G7 EXO will deliver true connectivity nearly anywhere on Earth, beyond the reach of land-based mobile networks.”
G7 EXO will be the first area monitor on the market to deliver 100+ days of battery life to streamline operations and keep personnel focused on work at hand. Other G7 EXO innovations include:
- A rugged and weatherproof design, featuring a durable aluminum sub-frame
- An optional four-channel pump module to support multiple simultaneous confined space entries
- Enterprise-grade cloud-hosted software for system configuration and emergency response management
- Zones that alert nearby G7 wearables to ensure that gas exposures don’t go unnoticed
- G7 plug-and-play cartridges to support up to five-gas configurations from a lineup of over 20 gas sensors
- Optional push-to-talk that works like a walkie talkie, providing voice communications on up to 100 channels
- A live emergency response team contacted by pulling the SOS latch, complete with optional two-way voice calling
Following this week’s presentation at the A+A event in Düsseldorf, G7 EXO will next travel to the Middle East for ADIPEC in Abu Dhabi, running from November 11-14. ADIPEC attendees can meet the Blackline Safety team and see G7 EXO first-hand at stand 2460 of the Canadian Pavilion.
For more information, visit www.BlacklineSafety.com.