On falling temperatures a thermostatic element senses water temperature and the valve modulates open
Model HAT/FP Freeze Protection Valves
Freeze Protection Valve for Pressures to 300 psig (20.7 bar) (2068 k Pa)
On falling temperatures a thermostatic element senses water temperature and the valve modulates open. A sample of the water in the line then flows past
the element. If the water temperature is sufficiently high, the valve shuts
off. If the water temperature is low the valve modulates as needed to
promote flow. Valve is full open at 35 degrees F (2 degrees C) on using
temperatures the valve will be fully closed at 40 degrees F
(4.4 degrees C).
HAT/FP valves are ideal for protection of piping, fittings, pumps, condensate
systems, safety showers, fire lines, spray nozzles, freeze sensitivie
equipment or backup protection on traced systems/equipment. The "AA" model
is recommended for protecting compressed air systems. Have a special
application? We can design a freeze protection system for you. Give us a call at (608) 635-7800!
- Stainless steel body, fittings, spring and plug.
- Corrosion resistant - Long service life.
- Narrow temperature band.
- Compact, low mass - Fast response.
- Ram-type plug for reliable tight shutoff.
- Downstream actuator for greater sensitivity.
- Sensitive to temperature only.
- Unaffected by pressure variations.
- Easy installation with pipe wrench.
Wilson & Associates, Inc., W10728 Becker Road, Poynette, WI 53955. Tel: 608-635-7800; Fax: 608-635-7801.