3M™ Detection Management Software DMS integrates with 3M Quest data logging instruments; combines ease of operation with advanced data management, reports, charts and graphs
Quest Technologies, a 3M company, recently announced the release of its next generation of analytic software. The easy-to-use 3M™ Detection Management Software DMS makes it easy to retrieve, manipulate, report, share and store relevant data collected by 3M Quest data logging instruments for noise dosimetry, sound measurement, heat stress, and indoor air quality and environmental monitoring.
According to Shawn Lowry, General Manager of Quest Technologies and Global Business Manager for 3M OHESD Detection Portfolio, "Many users of 3M Quest instrumentation rely on 3M™ QuestSuite™ Professional-II (QSP-II) software to manage and analyze information collected by 3M Quest instruments. This next generation of Detection Management Software was designed to be easy to use and help meet the needs of current and future users of Quest instrumentation software."
Data Management Made Easy
DMS is similar in functionality to QSPII, but incorporates many customer-requested features, which include:
- A simplistic start screen with icons to navigate to existing data and/or instrument configuration and downloads
- A unique look at the data parameters, including The Data Finder page, where data is sorted into sessions and studies
- Easy sizing and arranging of data for viewing
- A "Quick Report" function for fast report generation
- Logged Data charts that help provide recalculation of noise and sound data for multiple time selections
- Comprehensive reporting and printing provided including saving reports in Acrobat® PDF format.
- Easy data export to a Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheet
- Red and green hearing protection ear muff icons help indicate when threshold limits may be exceeded
DMS expands on current Quest software levels of operating system (OS) integration, and is compatible with the latest versions of Windows® operating systems. A DMS software CD will be shipped free of charge with all new 3M Quest data logging instruments purchased through June 30, 2012. For more information, visit www.3M.com/DMS
3M Detection Portfolio Website:
3M Occupational Health & Environmental Safety Website:
3M Occupational Health & Environmental Safety Product Catalog:
About 3M and 3M Occupational Health and Environmental Safety Division
3M OH&ES Division is a global leader in respiratory, hearing, fall protection, detection and environmental products. 3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27B in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com
SOURCE: 3M Detection Solutions