These services are useful to the manufacturers of protective clothing and personal protective equipment, chemical manufacturers
1. Assessing the protection requirements of specific applications
2. Performing routine services for evaluating protective clothing materials and products
3. Applying testing technology to the design of new procedures or evaluation protocols for particular customer needs
4. Establishing protective clothing selection protocols and testing standards
5. Integrating clothing and equipment requirements to define a protective ensemble for specific applications.
These services are useful to the manufacturers of protective clothing and personal protective equipment, chemical manufacturers, industrial hygienists, and other safety professionals. A new and growing area of protection evaluation relates to personnel in health occupations. TRI is performing biological penetration testing for various items of clothing such as surgical gloves and outer garments to determine the liquid-resistant or liquid-proof barrier properties of protective clothing materials against blood-borne pathogens and other microbes.
TRI/Environmental, Inc., 9063 Bee Caves Road, Austin, TX 78733. Tel: 281-437-6210; Fax: 281-835-8422.