Source: Chemetron Fire Systems, Inc.
Natural, non-toxic, efficient and widely applicable this risk-specific solution is a fine water spray mist
Natural, non-toxic, efficient and widely applicable this risk-specific solution is a fine water spray mist that offers effective protection without the deluge and damage of traditional water-based systems.
Water Mist achieves fire extinguishment by a number of processes:
- Flame quenching by cooling of burning materials and potential fuel sources to below auto-ignition temperatures.
- Inerting as a result of vapor production that excludes oxygen from the flame front. This generation of vapor dilutes the oxygen percentage in the air and combats the fire.
- Blocking radiative heat between the fire and adjoining combustibles, thus slowing down propagation of the fire.
- Removal of a portion of airborne smoke particulate and the absorption of toxic and irritant gases.
THE CHEMETRON WATER MIST SYSTEM
The Chemetron Water Mist fire suppression system is a hazard-specific solution for high risk facilities and has the following outstanding features:
- It's environmentally acceptable & non-toxic.
- It has a highly efficient fire suppression capability.
- It's appropriate for a wide range of applications.
- Offers manual or automatic (with manual override) operation.
- Features hazard-specific discharge timing sequences.
- Low level water annunciation.
Chemetron Fire Systems, Inc., 4801 Southwick Drive, 3rd Floor, Matteson, IL 60443. Tel: 708-748-1503; Fax: 708-748-2847.